Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chapter 1: Introduction

Hi everyone! Welcome to my San Francisco blog!

I am sure that most, if not all of you, have heard about San Francisco, CA before.
I have only been there once, but I must say that I think i left my heart in San Francisco
Either way, let me go ahead and introduce you to one of my favorite places!


                                                                                                                I do not own this video.
                                                                                                  Taken from SFCVB channel in Youtube.

Around 10,000 years ago, San Francisco was inhabited by the native Ohlone people. It wasn't until 1776, when the Spanish enslaved the natives and built the Presidio Army Base. Years later, ranchers occupied the hills of San Francisco and grazed their cattles until the gold rush era. The Gold Rush began in 1849, three years after it officially became part of the United States. Thousands of immigrants tried to pursue their luck with gold. This was the start of San Francisco's modern history. When the gold rush era died down, it was replaced by the discovery of silver in 1858. San Francisco reaped their treasures and the wealthy inhabitants built the beautiful Victorian houses and the infamous cable cars to ease the traverse through the steep hills.

San Francisco is known for its rich history and attractions, diverse culture, contemporary life, leading financial centers and its warm and welcoming citizens.

Resources:
http://www.sanfrancisco.com/history/

1 comment:

  1. I’ve never ever heard someone say something bad about SF. This city is remarkable in every way. I really admire Mr. Mayor' Gavin Newsom passion presentation about his lovely city.
    Like he says: “47 1/2 sq. mile surrounding by reality, a city of dreamers, doers, entrepreneurs and innovators...land mark and icons are big part of what makes the city so special”
    I really have to agree with Mr. Mayor. What I found so special about this city is: the lively population, all the piers, the smell of the ocean, the California sunshine, the city buzz, the Castro on Halloween, gay pride, the shopping, height street boutiques. It is just all around fun and some may like that the city is highly liberal too, but I’m not sure if that appeals to you or not.:)


    ReplyDelete